As our Marketing Intern, you would be responsible for assisting the marketing team with a variety of tasks in the realm of social media marketing, content curation, and data management.
- We are a fun-loving team, and we all like each other a lot. We want you to like us and we want to like you. We’ll be spending a lot of time together, after all.
- You need a good attitude, you must be kind. Culture is important, as is diversity.
- Speaking of diversity, we mean it. We know that increasing diversity among our team will lead to better products and better experiences for our customers—coworkers are everyone. We embrace that.
- And speaking of our customers, we love them and they know it. In return they love us! We know because we’re always meeting new people who reach out because our customers raved about Proximity. We bend over backwards to get them what they need. Sometimes a request doesn’t make sense, but usually, if you dig deep enough you can find a legitimate problem that we are uniquely positioned to solve. We never want to lose that focus.
- Be honest. Always. Nobody has time for second-guessing.
- We’re a tech company, so we need you to be computer and internet-savvy and comfortable with learning new software.
- We work remote-ish. Our team is stationed throughout Colorado with the majority being in Montrose and Grand Junction. We communicate a lot through Slack and other platforms. This position would be based out of our Grand Junction location.
- A working knowledge and regular usage of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Some experience using Adobe Creative Suite
- Basic concepts of photography (videography is a plus!)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact and engage with potential customers.
- An interest in marketing and the desire to work with a badass tech company.
What You’ll Do
- Coordinate regularly with our marketing team to implement social media strategies
- Acquiring content for/assembling blog posts.
- Scanning through an approved list of content sources for articles/blog posts to be shared internally and externally.
- Graphic design projects as needed
- Data management and curation of lead lists, digital audiences, and metrics.
- A variety of other fun projects that our marketing team is cooking up!
Who You Are
- Enthusiastic about marketing and social media
- In command of an excellent sense of spelling and grammar
- Personable and conversational
- Efficient, timely and conscientious of your own and others’ time and deadlines
- Interested in design and communications
- Willing to jump in and help our team with whatever challenges may arise.
- Smart, organized and efficient, able to multi-task and keep your cool in stressful situations.
- Well-spoken both in oral and written communication
- A highly motivated self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit. We have no desire to micromanage.
- A problem-solver and creative-thinker
- Really awesome
- A competitive hourly rate with the possibility of future growth.
- Full membership in all of our company-owned coworking spaces.
- A fun and inclusive atmosphere with cool people who want to make the world better.
- In general, the dress code is just be you. From time to time even we startup types have to fancy it up a little though.
- Company outings and get-togethers happen whenever possible, and we’re pretty sure ours are less awkward than Dunder Mifflin parties.
- There’s always some new swag floating around and you can usually snag some.
- The coffee is always flowing. We are a coworking company, after all.
- Freedom to innovate and bring your ideas to the table. Good decisions are not just top-down. We want a diversity of opinion. In fact, we expect it.
- Nobody loves meetings, but sometimes they’re really helpful. We do regular one-on-ones and team discussions. You’re expected to attend the ones that are applicable to you, in person whenever possible.
- In general, 2-4 days a week should be spent working at our Grand Junction coworking space at a pre-arranged schedule that works for you and the marketing team.
- You’ll be a representative of Proximity and we ask that you represent us well.
- We expect you to treat everyone with respect. Note, this doesn’t mean you have to agree with them. We also hope and encourage you to demand respect from those around you. Nobody should feel unsafe or unwelcome.
Who We Are
Proximity is a young but fast-growing tech company. We make software and hardware that makes managing coworking spaces easy. We began as three coworking spaces in Western Colorado and have grown into a powerful platform of community-minded hardware and software that powers spaces across the world. Our ever-growing Proximity Network of coworking spaces and location-neutral workers has defined the growing coworking industry. We believe that connecting remote workers through physical, local spaces builds community, connection, and collaboration and that these connections are essential to the future of the modern workforce.