Proximity Space, Inc.
Date of last revision: September 25, 2018
Who We Are?
The name of our company is Proximity Space, Inc., and we’re a company located in Colorado, in the United States. Our business is a coworking management software platform that provides recurring billing, physical access control, community support, and other services designed to help coworking space owners manage their spaces and members.
What Is This?
Just so we’re clear, whenever we say “we”, “us”, “our”, or “ourselves”, we’re talking about Proximity Space, Inc. and whenever we say “you” or “your,” we’re talking about the person or business who has decided to use our services. And since we do a lot of different stuff, when we talk about our services, we mean any of our websites or apps; or any features, products, graphics, text, images, photos, audio, video, or similar things we use in our businesses.
Why Are We Showing You This?
We value and respect your privacy. That is why we strive to only use your information when we think that doing so improves your experience in using our services. If you feel that we could improve in this mission in any way, or if you have a complaint or concern, please let us know by sending us your feedback to the following email address: email@example.com
Our goal is to be as transparent and open about our use of information and data as possible, so that our users can benefit from both the way they provide information and how we use it.
Information Collection and Use
In using the services, you may be asked to provide us a variety of information–some of which can personally identify you and some that cannot. We may collect, store, and share this personal information with third parties, but only in the ways we explain in this policy. Here’s how we do it and why we do it:
- Personally Identifiable Information: How we collect it.
Personally identifiable information is data that can be used to contact or identify a single person. Examples include your name, your phone number, your email, your address, and your IP address. We collect this kind of information in the following ways:
- Your name, email address, phone number and password: We collect these when you register for our services.
- Your employment information and job search status: We collect this information when you register for our services.
- Your access logs and internet usage: This is collected for security auditing purposes
- We collect the last four digits of credit cards and bank accounts used in our system in your account when you register for our services.
- Photos and media uploaded to our system (including avatars and communications within our system, like Wave messages) are collected when you upload them with your account.
- When a user makes a payment, we obtain: the user making the payment, the amount being charged, the membership the user is paying for, fees associated with the charge, whether the charge succeeded or failed, error codes if the charge failed, and a description of the payment.
- Device MAC addresses: We collect this when you log into the network.
- Conference room bookings and descriptions: We collect these to reserve your space.
- Social Media Details: We collect this when you give us access to these accounts.
- Personally Identifiable Information: How we use it.
Proximity Space, Inc. uses your information in the following ways:
- We collect your email and name so that we can know how to contact you.
- We collect your password to authenticate you on registration.
- We collect your avatar and vanity url to customize your experience on our site.
- We collect your biography, company, and social media accounts (if you choose to share those with us) for profile personalization and to enrich your experience using our services.
- We collect your user ID to identify you.
- We collect payment information so that we can collect payment.
- We use all this information for the connection between spaces, meaning an email address can be used to access and create an account at another space. The guest pass system allows the Company to search for a member’s profile to check if the person is eligible for a visit.
- We use your information to improve our website performance.
- Who We Share Your Information With and Why
Proximity Space, Inc. only shares your information with third parties in the following ways and for the following purposes:
- We share our customer database with a third party, currently Amazon Web Services, to host our website and provide infrastructure on which we store our data.
- We share our network information with a third party, currently Meraki, who provides our local wireless capabilities.
- We share your name, address, and credit card, and other payment information with Stripe to process payments.
- We share your name, address, phone, email, the last four digits of your credit card and bank account and routing number, all profile information, billing history & invoices, and a device list including MAC addresses with managers of specific locations where you use their co-working locations. This information is used by event coordinators, space managers and owners for their communications with you.
- We will share all collected information to the extent necessary and as required by law or to comply with any legal obligations, including defense of our company.
- We share your event information with Google when you enable calendar syncing to enable for reservation functionality.
- We share your email address with Postmark for sending transactional emails.
- We share your banking information with Plaid when you add a bank account to verify your banking information.
- We share your profile information in addition to companies and jobs in the Proximity App with Algolia to assist with search indexing.
- We share public profiles, events, companies, and job postings in Colorado with Startup Colorado to assist with event analytics and community building.
- We share your name, email address, contact information, and a history of your messages with Proximity staff with Intercom to assist in customer relations management.
- Information We Get From Other Places
We also receive information from other sources, such as Stripe, the third party that processes users’ payments. We receive that information consistent with those companies’ privacy policies. For information about their privacy policies, please visit those sites.
- Your Choices in What Information You Share
We do not require you to provide any personal data to browse our site. However, when browsing our site, any person is logged through our HTTP logs. These logs contain your IP address, what browser you’re using, what page you requested, and what time. Our process for collecting most types of information begins when you register for our service using your name, email address, and password. We will request your consent to use your data at that time. We require your personal data as part of your contract with us so we can provide you our services. We will not use your data for more than the purpose for which it was collected.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information includes general details about your device and connection (including the type of computer/mobile device, operating system, web-browser or other software, language preference, and hardware); general information from the app store or referring website; the date and time of visit or use; and, internet content provider information. Startup Colorado uses this information (blind non-specific) for demographic profiling of its community.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Collection and Use
We collect your non-personally identifying information when you use our service. We specifically collect information related to your referring website, history within the Proximity software, last seen statistics, and use this information and behavior to analyze usage statistics, improve our services, provide quality assurance testing, and address service-related issues. We may sell non-personally identifying information to advertisers or third-party vendors.
- How Long We Keep Your Information
We will retain your Personally Identifiable Information until you request in writing that we delete or otherwise remove your Personally Identifiable Information.
We will retain Non-Personally Identifiable Information as part of our historical analysis of how our services are used, until such data no longer provides any historical use.
Furthermore, when we process information, we retain a record, to the extent reasonably possible, of the following information: the processor, purpose of the processing, categories of individuals and data involved, nature of disclosure, if there is a transfer of information over national boundaries, the length of time the information will be held before erasure, and the security measures involved.
- Where We Keep and Transfer Your Information
Our business is operated in the United States and third parties with whom we share your information are as well. Our servers are located here and this is where your data and information will be stored.
Please be aware if you are a citizen of another country, and if you live in Europe in particular, that your information will be transferred out of your home country and into the United States. The United States might not have the same level of data protection as your country provides.
Based outside of the EU, we do not focus our business in the EU. Our processing of personal data from individuals in the EU is occasional and is not targeted to reveal race; ethnicity; political, religious, or philosophical beliefs; trade union memberships; health; sexual activity; or sexual orientation.
If you would like more information about this, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EU Rights to Information
According to the laws of the European Union (except for limited exceptions, where applicable), anyone in those countries has the right to:
- Be informed about their data and its processing
- Have access to their data
- Correct any errors in their data
- Erase data from our records
- Restrict processing and use of data
- Data portability
- Object to the use of their data, including for the purpose of automated profiling and direct marketing
- Make decisions about automated decision making and profiling
Protecting Your Information
- Keeping it Safe
Proximity Space, Inc. makes reasonable and commercially feasible efforts to keep your information safe. Though we are a small business, we have appropriate security measures in place to prevent your information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way. We restrict access to your personal information to those who need to know it, are subject to contractual confidentiality obligations, and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorized manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
- Encrypt many of our services using SSL,
- Offer you two-step verification when you access your account, and
- Regularly review our processes to consider if there are any additional improvements we can make to our systems.
That said, no organization or business can guarantee 100% data protection. With that in mind, we also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will inform both you and any applicable authorities of a suspected data security breach, as and when required by law.
- Links to Other Websites
Our site has links to the sites, content, and services of other businesses, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, and other third parties. Any products or services found through a link to any of these other sites are subject to separate privacy policies. Proximity Space, Inc. is not liable for any content provided or actions taken by such third parties.
- Posting Content to Our Site or Social Media
Any content you post on this site or others, including through social media links, is likely to become publicly available and may not be fully revocable or erasable by Proximity Space, Inc., because it will have become available to third parties. You can always ask us to delete information in our possession, but we cannot force anyone else to erase your information. Please be aware that you publish such information at your own risk.
- Do Not Track Signals
Some technologies, such as web browsers or mobile devices, provide a setting that when turned on sends a Do Not Track (DNT) signal when browsing a website or app. There is currently no common standard for responding to DNT Signals or even in the DNT signal itself. Our site does not honor DNT signals.
- Use by Minors
This website, its content, and our services are not intended for anyone under the age of 13. Proximity Space, Inc. does not knowingly collect information from those under the age of 13 or anyone in the EU under 16. If Proximity Space, Inc. learns it has accidentally collected such information, it will be deleted.
If you are a parent and your minor child has provided us personal information, you have the right to contact us and require that we: (a) permit you to review the personal information provided, and (b) remove and delete the personal information provided. To do so, upon you contacting us, we must take reasonable steps to confirm you are the parent. You may contact us for such a request at any time at email@example.com.
- Compliance with Regulators
You also have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority of your home country, where available, relating to the processing of any personal data you feel may have violated local regulations.
Waiver of Liability for Third Party Use
In the limited situations, as above, where we would share your information with third parties, we limit our interactions to third parties which we have confidence will not misuse your information. However, we do not control those third parties or their security protocol. You agree that we are not responsible for any misuse of information by third parties, whether such misuse is through negligence, intentional misconduct, or any action or inaction by a third party or others.
General Information for Your Further Understanding
- No Unsolicited Personal Information Requests
We will never ask you for your personal information in an unsolicited letter, call, or email. If you contact us, we will only use your personal information if necessary to fulfill your request.
The security of our services is important to us. We use reasonable efforts to secure any information you provide to our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee your security. As with disclosure of any information electronically, there is a risk that any information you disclose by use of the Services could be collected or used by others. This could result in unsolicited messages from third parties or use of such information by third parties for their own purposes, legal or illegal. You hereby waive any claims against us and agree not to hold us liable for the theft or misuse of personal information.
Proximity Space, Inc. respects the rights of all of its users, regardless of location or citizenship. If you have any questions or concerns about any of these rights, or if you would like to assert any of these rights at any time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Questions about Policy