Cultivating a Coworking Space
Courses for Founders and Community Managers designed to upgrade your coworking skills and make your space succeed!
10 sessions, $300*
Assemble your coworking skills with topics including Pro Formas, leases, business models, design, events, community development and more.
Learn More >>
10 sessions, $300*
Master coworking with sessions about events, sales, community collaboration, hospitality, marketing and more. Learn More >>
Combine both courses and take $100 off! To bundle, click here.
*Spaces in the Proximity Network receive our education programs for free as part of their Proximity membership.
Contact us for more information about either of these offers.
- With over 10 years of experience as an entrepreneurship community organizer, Jacqui Dietrich manages The Commons on Champa, a center of entrepreneurship powered by the Downtown Denver Partnership to serve economic development in the center city. She leads The Commons efforts to create a culture for innovation and entrepreneurship, while also managing holistic operations overall. She oversees the creation and execution of the programming, partnership, and marketing strategies and serves its vast volunteer network. She holds an MBA from the University of Colorado Boulder.
- Jamie Finney is the Western Regional Director for Startup Colorado, an organization dedicated to making Colorado the national model for a statewide startup ecosystem. In addition, he is a Venture Partner with the Greater Colorado Venture Fund, a venture capital fund dedicated to Rural Colorado, and Founding Partner with Kokopelli Capital, a pre-seed venture fund based in Denver/Boulder. He is originally from Durango, Colorado and still calls the San Juans home.
- Reformed banker interested in start-ups and real estate investing. I bring 15+ years of commercial banking experience to advise and help small businesses launch and grow. I also have a passion for all things real estate and own/develop/sell/manage various projects located primarily in the Midwest.
- For 18 years, Christy has worked for the Starbucks company in many management and leadership positions. She now holds the title of the District Manager in the Greater Denver Area. She is energetic, organized, and has the ability and extensive experience in managing multiple priorities in demanding and dynamic environments. Her years of experience in the customer service sector has enabled her to gain a great deal of knowledge and tools in which to use to make sure customers are seen, valued, and appreciated.
- Josh is an experienced programmer and business leader, and has been for more than twenty years. He has helped to build several companies into successful enterprises. He strives to meld the worlds of design and development to create products that are not only useful, but a delight to use. Operating from the belief that “good enough” isn’t good enough, Josh is dedicated to getting things right no matter how long it takes. His background and experience has given him a great deal of knowledge when it comes to conflict resolution.
- Josh is the Co-Founder and Community Manager of The Fellow Coworking in Manhattan, Kansas. He started the space out of a desire for authentic community in the workplace. Along with building community in a coworking space, Josh has also built several other communities including 1 Million Cups Manhattan, Help-Portrait, local Instagram meetups, and Manhattan Foster & Adoptive Parents. Each of these has a reach of more than 100 people in regular attendance. Finally, he’s a photographer/filmmaker of nearly 10 years and founded MHK Business last year, a strictly business publication in online and print magazine form.
- Josh is proud to be a Co-Founder of Proximity which connects communities and coworking spaces to each other and helps its rapidly growing network of communities spend less time managing their spaces and more time connecting with their members. Josh is constantly looking for new ways to connect members, assist coworking spaces in the business of coworking, and drive community.
- Spencer sparked a passion and interest in the real estate industry in 2014 and he’s been working in it ever since. He is currently a Commercial Research Analyst and Corporate Strategic Consultant at Mohr Partners, Inc., a global corporate real estate services firm. Spencer specializes in tenant representation for corporate real estate and portfolio management and is responsible for growing revenue through strategic partnerships and targeted sales. He is also a licensed real estate professional in the state of Texas.
- Elizabeth Hallgren is the founder of The Levain Group, an innovation and entrepreneurship training and consulting company. Until recently, she was a part of the entrepreneurship faculty at the University of Iowa and Colorado Mesa University. She has worked with over 200 entrepreneurs and startups to reduce the risk of failure by testing the value they are providing before they go to market. Elizabeth has traveled internationally to provide entrepreneurship training and program development, has served on a regional entrepreneurship development task force and is currently serving on the advisory board of Visit Grand Junction.
- Zak is a licensed realtor in the state of Georgia and got into coworking by total accident. Born out of his own real estate company’s office space needs, he started Desktop Coworking Community in Kennesaw, a suburban city just outside of Atlanta. The unique combination of membership coworking space and public coffee shop space has put a whole new twist on the coworking industry. Over the past 18 months, Desktop has begun to change the way the suburban entrepreneurs, freelancers, and work-from-homers get work done.
- Leah entered the marketing world working for a startup in Los Angeles in 2008 and recently left an advertising agency to join Proximity as Digital Marketing Manager. She loves being able to embrace the voice and values of Proximity and work to enhance the community that it has established.
- Kenny, Owner of Work in Progress coworking space as well as Founder of NeONBRAND, a digital marketing service provider, thrives with technology, and understanding the working of things is what he does best. He is skilled in search engine optimization (SEO), social media management (SMM), website development, and is a self-taught programmer now able to build full web applications.
- As Knoll’s Architecture & Design Manager for Colorado & Wyoming, Veronica works hand in hand with project teams to strategically address today’s themes in the workplace such as Hospitality, Supporting Individuals and Teams, Flexibility and Well-Being. With seven years in the furniture industry working for both the distribution and manufacturing side of the business, she is passionate about using modern design to connect people to their work, their lives and their world. Having grown up in Colorado, Veronica’s hobbies include all outdoor activities, sports, going to the movies and enjoying time with her friends and family. She resides in Denver with her Husband, dog, and two children.
- Jonathan Manierre, a creative-driven problem solver, graduated Boston University with a degree in engineering. Several years later he co-built Turkois Design, a full-service creative agency. Through Turkois he provided creative material, branded multimedia campaigns, and marketing services. When it was time for the agency to move into a larger office, Jonathan decided to build KOI Creative Space – a coworking facility focused on the creative process, bringing together creative professionals and other-area talent through an open-concept, community-focused facility in downtown White Plains, NY. He currently manages the space while coordinating its international expansion, and is always happiest when talking shop and sharing ideas with fellow space owners and enthusiasts.
- Brian Watson is an entrepreneur, connector, and community developer. Brian has been starting and running businesses since he was 17 and believes that entrepreneurship is the greatest tool we have to positively impact our communities. Proximity, which Brian is the co-founder of, strives to help connect the world’s mobile workforce through an innovative combination of hardware and software that manages coworking spaces across the world.
- Nina graduated from CSU with a Communications Studies Degree and spent her early career developing her skill set in sales and marketing. Her true passion for building community eventually became her main focus which led her to HM Capital and her role as the Director of Community. Nina overseas HM Capital’s two largest Mixed-Use Developments; Block Forty45 and Park Hill Commons. A lot of Nina’s time is spent managing Forty45 Coworking which is inside of Block Forty45. She handles all lead generation, marketing, sales (tours), leasing, property management and community engagement for the space.
- Aaron Landau, a self-described knowledge hound, is the Managing Director of EVO3 Workspace, a tech-heavy coworking space located in Frisco, Colorado. He’s also the Managing Partner of CodeBeetle, which provides coding classes aimed at training and growing the “pool” of individuals interested in technology-related careers. His experience in the coworking industry and tech industry as a whole has given him a great deal of knowledge when it comes to defining and going after your target market.